The first edition of the 2017 FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (FNF) COACHES magazine series will be distributed throughout high schools in the continental United States starting in the first week of January.
FNF Coaches magazine is 100-percent dedicated to high school football coaches. The magazine is published with the intent to inform coaches on the latest trends and advancements in the coaching world.
FNF COACHES magazine is published by the same company that produces the Friday Night Football magazine series across six states – Texas, Florida, Georgia, Ohio and North and South Carolina.
FNF COACHES magazine made its debut in March 2016. In 2017, FNF COACHES will publish eight times per year – in January, February, March, April, May, Summer, September and November. Coaches can order an eight-issue subscription at fnfcoaches.com/subscribe/ for $26.95 plus $3 for shipping and handling.
The theme of the January edition of FNF Coaches is “Back to Work” – with a focus on the ways in which coaches can build various aspects of their respective programs and develop as individuals. Huffman-Hargrave (Texas) coach Mike McEachern is featured on the cover, along with five of his players. Coach McEachern and his Huffman-Hargrave players established a mentorship program in which players spend time with at-risk elementary school students.
Below is a list of other story themes and subjects in the January edition:
- Strength Training with the Katy High (Texas) Football Team
- Four Things to Do the Day the Season Ends with Good Counsel (Md.) Coach Bob Milloy, Ankeny Centennial Coach Jerry Pezzetti, and Lawrence High (Kan.) Coach Dirk Wedd
- Profiling a Coaching Legend with St. Mary’s Springs Academy (Wisc.) Coach Bob Hyland
- College Coaches’ Corner: A Q&A with Kansas State Football Coach Bob Snyder
- Building a Program with Rancho (Nev.) Coach Tom Pletsch
X’s and O’s: Utilizing the ‘Sniffer’ Fullback with Rossview (Ill.) Coach Tony Shiffman
X’s and O’s: Run/Pass/Option Offense with Somerset (Texas) Coach Jarry Poth
- X’s and O’s: Installing a 3-4 Defense with Seymour (Ind.) Coach Ryan McCartney
- X’s and O’s: Defeating Man Coverage with Counter RPOs with Rocori (Minn.) coach Mike Rowe
- Weight Room Workouts with Holy Cross (Texas) Strength Coach Brian Ortiz
- Nutrition with Pro Sports Team Consultant Molly Morgan
- ACL Tear Prevention with Cincinnati Sports Medicine Education Foundation
- Speed Training with Southlake Carroll Coach Hal Wasson
- Dealing with Player Injuries with Author John T. Reed
- Rotator Cuff Injuries with Strength Coach Noel Piepgrass
- Replacing a Legend with Skyline (Wash.) Coach Mat Taylor
- Switching Schools with Helix Charter (Calif.) Coach Robbie Owens
- Finding the Next Challenge with Howard High (Tenn.) Coach John Starr
- Staying at One School for Decades with New Canaan (Conn.) Coach Lou Marinelli
- Updating Technology with Livonia Franklin (Mich.) Coach Chris Kelbert
- Building a Recruiting Pipeline with Columbus East (Ind.) Coach Bob Gaddis
- Upgrading a Locker Room with Chattanooga Central (Tenn.) Coach Cortney Braswell
- Turf Field Upgrades with McEachern High (Ga.) Athletic Director Jimmy Dorsey
- Building a Model Booster Club with the Desert Vista (Ariz.) Thunder Board
- A Marketing Solution for Ticket Sales with Huddle, Inc.
- Prioritizing the Student in Student-Athlete with San Rafael (Calif.) Coach Ted Cosgriff
- Features on Coaching Apps, USA Football Conferences, Glazier Clinics and more
Those looking to purchase single edition copies of the January edition of FNF Coaches or subscribe for all eight editions in 2017 can visit: www.fnfcoaches.com/subscribe. Readers can also download the FNF Coaches app in the Apple App Store and Google Play (search: FNF Coaches).
Do you have an idea for FNF Coaches that you would like to share? If you do, email managing editor Dan Guttenplan at email@example.com. Tweet us @fnfcoaches.