At the start of last football season, the NFHS published a story laying out the five habits coaches must establish to build high school programs.
Those five habits include:
- Praise loudly, criticize softly.
- Make everyone in your program feel important.
- Don’t interrupt practice drills to talk; keep the athletes moving.
- Always be willing to discipline disruptive players, regardless of ability.
- Be open to new ideas and techniques.
For more detail on any of these habits, visit the NFHS website.
Do you have a thought about this article that you would like to share? If you do, email managing editor Dan Guttenplan at email@example.com. Tweet us @fnfcoaches.